A world's first hearing aid.
Blamey Saunders Hears is a leading Australian company, offering hearing solutions and audiology services to hearing impaired consumers across the globe.
Blamey Saunders Hears partnered with Extel to collaborate in the design, development and manufacturing of the world’s first modular self-fit hearing aid.
It was critical that the device was modular and easy to use, giving consumers a new level of control over their listening experience.
The objective was to shift the perception of hearing aids from disability to desirability by developing a first-of-its-kind behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aid.
The design element of this innovative product was fundamental to achieving this objective and was to disrupt the status quo in the market with appearance likened to a beautiful piece of jewellery.
- Processing chip and user settings stored within the core
- Revolutionary self-programming eliminates any need for consumers to regularly visit audiologists
- Ability to optimize listening preference settings directly within a smartphone, tablet, or PC
- Automatic software updates upon connection to the product app
- The rechargeable battery used to power the hearing aid, with a single charge lasting all-day
- Magnets connecting the battery to the core results in an effortless and removable connection between the battery and the core
- Portable charging and drying pod storage
- 4 different faceted finishes: white, black, rose gold and silver
This stunning piece of technology changed the way the world views wearable medical devices. A slick design with highly intelligent behaviour, the innovation behind the hearing aid disrupted the med-tech industry and created a new experience for consumers with hearing impairments. The success was truly recognized through a number of industry awards, including:
Australian Good Design Award
CSIRO Design Innovation Award
You can read more about the success of this innovation in the articles below:
Speak with one of our team members about how we can best
help your business move forward.
Sign up for our news
Be the first to hear about industry news or Extel updates.