World-class defence systems
Electro-Optic Systems (EOS) operate in the aerospace and defence markets with products that focus on the prevention of casualties. EOS products incorporate electro-optic applications based on a wide range of technologies: software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes, beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
EOS products are often deployed in extreme and harsh environments and are required to be highly compliant and highly reliable. PCB assemblies and sub-assembly systems go through rigorous testing before final product assembly.
On-time delivery is critical for EOS as it allows them to plan and deliver products on schedule to their global customer base.
Aerospace and Defence
- Advanced manufacturing services for a range of PCB assemblies and sub-assemblies inclusive of downstream value added services
- Testing of PCBa and Sub systems
- Service & Repair services for a range of PCB assemblies and sub-assemblies
EOS required a manufacturing partner that could meet their exacting standards. They required a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and our services to develop high-quality and reliable products, all manufactured to IPC Class 3 standards.
Our supply chain was to effectively manage inventory to meet customer requirements for their monthly scheduled orders.
Provide EOS with world-class manufactured electronic assemblies that meet the below standards:
- Military-spec environment
- Exceptional reliability for operation in the harshest of environmental conditions
- Compliance with international standards
- Demand fulfillment where on-time delivery is critical to downstream client operations
Extel-built products are now integrated into the entire EOS product range.
EOS has gained several critical advantages as an outcome of our products and services.
- Production of highly-complex, reliable and compliant products
- Integrated supply chain solutions
- Eliminate the risk of counterfeit components being used by having a forensic eye for detail
- Sustaining engineering to ensure materials and supply chain are optimized
- Clinical first article inspection and in-process control to maintain a zero defect requirement
- Optomized supply chain to ensure Extel can react to fluctuation in demand due to match with the end client schedule changes
Addressing the challenges
- Dedicated program manager
- Regular monthly and quarterly meetings with the client
- Extel staff receive on-going IPC training from our in-house master trainer to maintain required standards
- Investment in best-in-class Surface Mount and Through-Hole manufacturing equipment
- Investment in the latest Quality Control & Quality Assurance equipment, systems & processes
- Full traceability on components using the lot tracking function on our ERP/MRP system
- At program kick-off, there were regular meetings between our production engineering team and EOS to provide feedback on the manufacturability of the PCB assemblies (DFM)
- The regular monthly meeting between the Extel program team and EOS to ensure they are kept up to date with any supply chain challenges
- Our component engineering team is in regular contact with the EOS engineering department to identify all last-time-buy and end-of-life items, identifying and recommending suitable alternatives before they become a supply chain issue
- Manufacturing in the country of origin for local content requirements
- On-time delivery to meet customers’ requirements for monthly scheduled orders
- Just-in-time manufacturing
- The scalable and repeatable manufacturing platform
- Sustainable manufacturing program
Return on Investment
- Increased on-time delivery performance
- Improved quality
- Reduced amount of RMAs (returned merchandise)
Speak with one of our team members about how we can best
help your business move forward.
Sign up for our news
Be the first to hear about industry news or Extel updates.